UNICEF hiring Procurement Assistant.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Procurement Officer, provides supply and procurement support functions which include preparing all kinds of solicitation documents for procurement of services, supplies and equipment, using the appropriate procurement method to obtain quotations / offers/proposals from potential vendors and institutions.
Key functions, accountabilities and related duties/tasks (Please outline the key accountabilities for this position and underneath each accountability, the duties that describe how they are delivered. Please limit to four to seven accountabilities)
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Receives and reviews draft requisitions for clarity, adequacy of specifications and completeness, confirms availability of funds and obtain additional information considered necessary. Interacts with the Programme section in the preparation of appropriate documents: PGM’s, requisitions, LTAs, solicitations and purchase orders, etc.; according to procurement specifications and supply procedures.
- Compile and evaluate procurement requests and ensure appropriateness of Terms of References/Scope of Programmatic Services
- Compiles lists of local /international sources of procurement, contacts local / International potential suppliers or vendors for price quotations, prepares summary of bids including information on price and conditions of offer. For more costly procurements required under the procurement procedures, draft solicitation documents and related correspondence. Shares and manages international tenders with potential suppliers
- Once decision on supplier is taken, drafts the obligation the obligation (contract, purchase orders and LTAs) and compiles obligation documents for supervisor’s signature; ensures distribution of signed obligation documents to all parties.
- When required, maintains contact with forwarder, customs and immigration officials, follows up on preliminary supply clearance documentation to facilitate timely customs clearance of supplies and equipment, in keeping with established protocol.
- Maintains manual and automated procurement files and records; provides purchase information to receiving and inventory staff; maintains procurement supply and vendor reference database. Keeps up date the master file for all institutional contracts and purchase orders.
- Provides interpretation of administrative rules, regulations and procedures.
- Performs other duties, as required
- Education: completion of secondary education supplemented by courses in procurement methods, logistics or equivalent technical training.
- Experience: at least five years of progressively responsible administrative work, with specialized experience in purchasing a variety of materials and services. Experience with computer database, SAP for maintaining procurement records. Work experience in Supply/Logistics management.
- Language Requirements: fluency in French and good working knowledge of English required. Knowledge of the local language is an asset.
Deadline: 02 Feb 2021 Greenwich Standard Time